Friday, July 31, 2009

Eyes Open

Just looking into someone's eyes for a prolonged period of time can bring you to a place of intimacy with another person. There's so many stories behind what those circles of blue and green have seen in their lifetime.

I've decided that I like my eyes. They're... not "piercing." They're not too dark. They're... shaded. They're protected. Almost as though there's something I have to say, but only if I judge you trustworthy. And, to be quite honest, that's how it is. For those of you who are actually reading this, chances are, you know me. You're one of the few people that really know me. I'm not saying that this is some kind of outrageous honor, but it's a rare thing.

I am Metal. I am... withdrawn. I am introverted. I may not be original, but I'm myself. That's okay. There's an infinite, yet finite, number of colors on the color wheel of our world. I'm somewhere in there. Nearly the exact same color as someone next to me, but ever so infinitesimally lighter or darker than everyone else. And that's fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment